"Where Nigh-Nigh go?"
Turns out, he is. Spouse removed the crib, set up the big boy bed with a bed rail and lots of cozy blankets and a couple of toys, and took him in for goodnight last weekend. WB looks around and asks, "Where Nigh-Nigh go?" Evidently, he assumed that the crib was named Nigh-Nigh. Cuteness.
Spouse explained to him that he would now sleep in a big boy bed. "Nigh-Nigh Bi Boy Bed?" Yes.
So far, so good, I guess. He's more of a wanderer than his sister was. He will get up and play, and the first night, he got up and came to greet Spouse with a cheerful, "Hi, Daddy!" at four in the morning. Last night, when I got back into town after a long flight delay, I peaked in at the kids, and WB was very contentedly sleeping on the floor in the center of his room.
- We don't have to travel with the dreaded Pack'n'Play (this was clearly Spouse's motivation).
- He doesn't fit all that well into his Pack'n'Play.
- He seems to like it, proudly showing me his bed this morning.
- We beat him to the punch of climbing out of the crib, which was going to happen any day now.
- A wandering child may not sleep as well.
- If we have overnight diaper leakage, it will be on larger bedding and/or carpet.
- Is Mommy ready for her (most likely last) child to be a big boy? Hmm...