Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A nice moment

My mom and I had a girls' day yesterday. We did a little shopping, then went to see "The Queen." Pretty good movie, very well acted. But this is not about the movie. It's about our conversation after.

Since my mom knows everyone in the world, we of course ran into a man she knew at the movies. She introduced me, and said it was nice to see the film with her daughter, because neither of our husbands would want to see it. "It's more of a girl movie."

The man says, "Well, I enjoyed it. But then, I was a history major."

"Oh! So is she [pointing at me]. In fact, she's just about to finish her doctoral degree." This was said with a definite tone of pride.

My mom is proud of me. I'm getting all verklempt.

2 Comments:

Blogger K-Lyn said...

So your mom didn't choose gender free parenting then?

And of course she's proud of you! I know I am and I'm not your mom...

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww!!

i told my dad the other day that the end was in sight. he responded with a sentimental "bout damn time!"

but deep down, he's proud. i know it. :-p

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home