Friday, November 17, 2006

My Own Little Ferris Bueller



Ok, internets, I need some parenting advice. My daughter is entering into a new and lovely phase in which she claims to be sick. Everyday. I think this is stemming from last week, when the Wild Boy was throwing up and it suddenly dawned on DQ that he was staying home with Mommy while she had to go to school. And of course in her mind, we were probably playing hide and seek and eating candy all day long, right?

Anyway, she's told me the last few mornings that she's sick. No discernible symptoms. And then when she realizes it's gymnastics day, of course she's instantly better. I don't want to be insensitive if she truly needs attention (either for health reasons or if she's upset with school and needs a little extra home-time), but at the same time, I can't just drop everything I'm doing (since I have to do that when either of them are genuinely sick.) Reminds me of the Simpsons when Bart feigned sickness to get out of school:

Grampa: "Have you ever read 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf?'"
Bart: "I glanced at it. Boy cries wolf, has a few laughs. I forget how it ends."

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Peters said...

You should read Shel Silverstein's "Sick" to her.
http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/16480

11:33 AM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Wrap a hot towel around her head...

4:50 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wrap a hot towell around her head?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Older sisters don't have the luxury of a day off:

"You could ditch."
"Yeah, I get caught."

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home