... but not in a "want to smoke a cigarette" type of way.
Things that I'll eat today (and yes, we're doing Tgiving on Friday this year, due to work schedules):
1. Turkey. I prefer dark meat. (Now THERE'S a double meaning
2. Pie. Non-pumpkin variety.
3. Brown'n'serve rolls.
4. Cranberry and apple crisp.
5. The world's best stuffing. Recipe courtesy of sister-in-law.
Things that I will NOT eat today:
1. Vegetables. Apart from the potato.
2. Alcohol. I guess you don't eat that. But still.
3. Pie. Pumpkin variety. Call me un-American, but I'm just not into it.
4. Sweet potatoes.
5. That marshmallow stuff on top of sweet potatoes.
Things I'm ambivalent about:
1. The beginning of holiday and family birthday season.
3. The upcoming visit of my mother-in-law.
4. My hair.
5. Coming up with five of these things.
Things that can bite me:
1. My new cold.
2. Lack of naps.
3. Wet socks.
4. Bush's foreign policy.
5. Bush's domestic policy.
Things that I'm thankful for:
1. My awesome job.
2. The beginning of college basketball season.
3. Kyle Singler
, native son and stand-out freshman.
4. Upcoming trip down south and a reunion with cousins and several members of my study group.
5. Oh, yeah. And my family.
Labels: history writ small, junk, my bleeding heart, teaching, year-round march madness