Saturday, November 03, 2007

Adjustments

Things that suck about going back to work full-time:
  • No free weekday afternoons with the kids.
  • No impromptu free weekday afternoon dates with Spouse.
  • Wearing a bra everyday. (When I told Julie about this, she gave me the "welcome to my world" look. Sorry, o endowed amigas!)
  • Wearing shoes all day long.
  • Not wearing pajamas all day. Urgh!
  • No mid-afternoon naps.
  • No lunchtime viewing of the Colbert Report or Newsradio.

Things that rock about going back to work full-time:
  • The students. They're so fun! Especially my awesome small class. They so get me.
  • Teaching more than one class at a time. Fun to switch gears.
  • Ability to get out of the house and socialize with other adults everyday.
  • The paycheck. Holy cow! Adjuncting is such a rip-off!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

That's one thing I like about working from home... taking my shoes off. (Of course, when I worked in an office I took my shoes off under my desk most days anyway)

The adult conversation though, that can be nice. Though I'm enough of a loner that it wouldn't be worth getting dressed *every* day to me, but maybe once or twice a week is alright.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't be watching Colbert or the Daily Show... They are in reruns until the end of this *!@#!$& writer's strike -- which could be MONTHS. YIKES!

-spouse

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home