Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What's So Amazing About That Sweet Glazing?

Thanks to Dr. Corndog for the post title, which is perhaps the best thing ever.

I've been super busy with the new job, keeping my head above water teaching two classes I've never taught before, and one I haven't done in a long time. But there's a bright side. Or two.

1. I love it.

2. There's a donut shop across the street from campus. It's the local chain that existed when I was a kid in my hometown... the one that my mom used to take my sister and I to every Sunday after church. It was like my sugary reward for surviving an hour of Catholic exposure each week.

Perhaps I've found it, the donut connection.


ps. Corndog: awesome new subtitle for your blog.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mustafa Şenalp said...

Your blog is very nice:)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

thanks for visiting, mustafa!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Glad you found your donut connection; I'm still looking for mine. As a semi-permanent West Coaster, you may be familiar with the object of my unrequited quest - the Winchell's Maple Bar. There appears to be nothing like it west of the Mississippi.

And I'm glad you like the tagline. With all the O Brother and Big Lebowski references out there in Blogland, it's nice to find someone else who remembers The Hudsucker Proxy.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Gary, you've correctly identified the local chain of my heart's desire. While my year in Boston still makes my soul ache for a Dunkin Donut, Winchell's is my true love. You know, for kids.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home