Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Make it through the week Monday (on Wednesday. Again.)

I've come to the realization that I don't have a "make it through the week" sentiment on Mondays. This Monday, DQ was home for a mental health holiday, so the time that wasn't spent working was spent cuddling or watching Monsters, Inc. But even on a typical day, Monday is when I get a lot of stuff done because the kids are back at school, but I'm still not at crunch time for class prep. It's usually not until Wednesday that I have the "make it through the week" vibe.

Having figured this all out, I'm doing Make it through the week Monday again on Wednesday. And since it's Wednesday, I'll share our very special Wednesday morning ritual:



Every Wednesday, the kids and I sit on the stairs looking out the front window and watch the garbage truck pick up the trash cans on our street. It's one of those automatic arm trucks that picks up the can, lifts it high in the air, and empties it out in the bin. It's pretty cool.

Even better, our garbage man is the greatest guy in the world. He waves to the kids whenever he passes by. And the kids wave back, clap, and yell in excitement.

That's how we start every Wednesday. Traditions take many forms, eh?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ceresina said...

My child loves to watch the garbageman too. And those automatic garbage trucks are so. cool. :-)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

growing up I wanted to be a garbage man since i thought the truck was cool...

11:01 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Is it appropriate to mention that growing up, all my cats would run to the window to see the garbage truck? And then when I lived with my aunt & uncle, the dogs and cat did the same thing.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Gayle loves watching the garbage truck, but they don't appear to have a set schedule around here so it's been hit and miss. We were outside the other day with her bike when they game by though, and she wanted to stay at the end of the driveway until he was done, she waved "Hi! Look, I'm on my bike!" to the man, and then got excited all over again when we walked around the block and she saw the truck again.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home