Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Name! That! Voice!

A favorite game of Spouse and I while we're watching TV with the kids is trying to identify famous actors that lend their voices to various animated characters. Most recent discovery: the singing voice of Shang in Mulan is Donny Osmond! No way.

And then there's this.

I'd never seen Lilo and Stitch, but DQ came home with a copy of the sequel the other day. I was watching with her, confused as to why I was familiar with the voice of Pleakley. That is, until he resisted holding onto Jumba's creation, declaring it was "EVIL! EVIL!"

That's when I realized...







... it was Kevin McDonald. Former Kid in the Hall. aka Sir Simon Milligan.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

D.O. was on some talk-show when they were promoting Mulan. One of his neighbor kids went to see it and told him: This movie could make you famous!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Never made the Kevin McDonald connection there. He's got a good voice for animation.

I play the same game with commercials, which is harder because that's often uncredited work, and sometimes you don't know if you're right.

6:31 PM  
Blogger ~N said...

Like the froo-its of the deveel.

7:06 AM  
Blogger KLee said...

Evil, evil, evil! Dirty rotten liar!

I love the Kids in the Hall. :)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

:) I had a similar realization the other day when Gayle was watching TV... I was in the kitchen thinking, "why is "Who's Line" playing on the sprout channel?" then I looked at the TV and realized Greg Proops is the voice of Bob.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Yup.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home