Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Glimpse at Parenting

Scene: The Drama Queen is pushing all my buttons on Mother's Day, immediately doing things she knows she's not supposed to do.

Quinn: How many times do I have to tell you not to play with the blinds?
DQ: Twelve?
Quinn: [silent, trying not to laugh.]
DQ: Seven?

____________

Scene: The Wild Boy lying down on the changing table.

WB: Where's my penis?
Quinn: Right here.
WB: Where? [can't see it past his big belly. I lift him up a bit.]
Quinn: Right here.
WB: Oh! There's my penis!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

LOL! I love that DQ is so logical in her answer, she sounds like fun. :) Your WB story reminds me of a recent discussion with Gayle...

Gayle: What's that thing you're wearing?
Me (half dressed): which thing, the jeans?
Gayle: No, that thing that covers your nipples.
Me: Oh, that's called a bra.
Gayle: Will I wear one some day?
Me: Yeah, most likely.
Gayle [placing a bra from the laundry basket on her head] Look! I'm Mickey Mouse!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Smart children can be a real pain in the ass.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Milk. Right out my nose.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Yes, liz, but over which one?

And Jade, it probably took me three days to convince WB that his nipples weren't "boo-boos." I eventually had to show him mine to convince him.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

1) Liz has more than one nose?!?

2) I thought you gave women beads to get them to show you their boobs. With his novel approach, it sounds like WB will be ready to take over the "Girls Gone Wild" empire when Joe Francis ends up in jail.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home