Friday, January 12, 2007

What I've Learned

It's the first week of classes. Here's what I've learned, not all in the classroom, obviously:

  • I freakin' LOVE teaching. It has been too long since I've done it.
  • My subconscious must know what Phantom looks like, 'cause I had a dream I ran into her at a party and just went right over and said, "Hi, Phantom." (FYI, I've never met her and I don't know her real identity.)
  • Who's Line veteran Greg Proops does the voice for Bob the Builder. Wild!
  • It's National Delurking Day/Week/Eon. So if you are a visitor who has never said hi, say hi. Hi.
  • The Wild Boy ranks the Sesame Street characters on his diapers (from favorite to intolerable) thusly: Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Big Bird, Bert. I kind of agree with him on the Bert thing.
  • I have book orders due next week for Spring term. You've got to be kidding me.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I bet I am better-looking in your subconscious than I am in real life.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Hey, did Phantom look suspiciously like a South Park character?

1:51 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I think I lurk more than I comment, so I'll say hello.

HI!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

(everybody altogether): Hi, Jo(e)!

3:03 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

I had no idea that Greg Proops was Bob the Builder! My husband will freak right the heck out when I tell him....

8:05 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

klee, he isn't for all the episodes, but he does some. I saw a commercial for him (I guess PBS Kids is adding Bob to the lineup) and stopped dead in my tracks... I know that voice! But took me a few minutes to place it.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

a friend of mine has a theory that in any relationship-- friendship, marriage, and so on-- there is always one Ernie and one Bert. When I quickly realized that I am the Bert in my marriage, I was bummed, saying no one likes Bert. My husband reminded me that Ernie likes Bert.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm sure I'm the bert, too.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Don't know if you're the Bert, but Spouse is definitely the Ernie.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Greg's voice is very cartoonish :) I'm normally pretty good at getting voices... I recognize movies faster by hearing a line than by seeing a scene. The toughest one for me is Snook from "A Big Big World" - he sounds so familiar! I've looked up the actor's other work and can't make an actual connection, so I have a feeling he just sounds like someone from school or something.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home