Monday, December 25, 2006

More Tales of Gender-Positive Parenting

Christmas came with its usual parade of princess gear and pink for the Drama Queen, and the requisite trucks and Diego merchandise for the Wild Boy. I got the Rosie the Riveter action figure, which made me quite happy (as well as a corresponding huge-ass and beautifully mounted poster for my office!!!).



As we approached bedtime, DQ ran in and said to me, "Mommy, I need Rosie for my story tonight." Spouse tells me she played with her all through lunch while I was out doing my workout. Whew! Faith in feminist awareness restored.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oldest daughter, played more with son's plastic bow+arrow set than son (son was mostly busy figuring out his red racecar Transformer and "hunting" with his came-with-the-bow plastic bowie knife ... brought up my childhood stuffed bunny for us to "skin" and "cook")

age 2 daughter, discovered today to be a very strong teeball player

woo woo!

(now, the breakdown older daughter had when the new Barbie dress did not correctly fit her old Barbies, especially when combined with her year-old fascination with marriage and weddings, bodes girly-ill for any eventual nuptuals: "But I want it to be PERFECT!" (tears and wailing) ... sigh ... luckily the third Barbie it ALMOST fit and I'd talked her down by then ... .)

PS, you got way cooler gifts than I did :). Is it evil for me to be jealous, or do I get feminist points for that ;) ?

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... you forgot to mention the DQ calls Rosie the "mean lady who steals things from the dollhouse"...

1:26 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Ok, faith in feminist awareness crushed.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home