Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Random Bullets of Post-Defense Recovery

  • WB is doing very well with the big boy bed. Every morning, he greets me with a smile and says, "I did it!"
  • On a related note, he is speaking in sentences. "I have a cookie!"
  • I've been trying to relax my brain a little. A little. It's not working all that well. I'm trying TV, crosswords, crochet (post to follow), sleep (yeah, right.)
  • I'm being offered more encyclopedia articles, probably to replace people who bowed out of their entries a few months ago. I'm tempted. But I'm not deciding this week.
  • Finished the two full-time job applications. Won't think out it for a while (yeah, right.)
  • Christmas shopping is mostly done. We are trying today to get a picture for the Christmas card that shows none of the following: stains on DQ's shirt, hair in DQ's eyes, WB's fat lip from when he decided to climb on (and fall off) the toilet, or one child attempting to choke the other.
  • DQ has added to her repertoire of words. She makes up adjectives to express what she wants to do. ie -- feeling "watchy" means she wants to watch TV, feeling "cookie-y" means she wants a cookie.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

hehehe.... "Cookie-ey". I feel rather that way myself. I love the linguistic flair there! Don't you love having kids who make up their own rules? We'll not talk about the bad side of that equation!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I'm feeling vodky.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

An update: passed by a McDonald's today and they have a banner up that reads, "Feeling gifty?" as an advertisement for their gift cards. She's part of a trend, evidently.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

I'm with DQ and DMD in feeling cookie-y, so last night I used the recipe of Phoebe's ancestors.

Interesting that those who feel beery often become bleary.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Have you been letting her stay up to watch Colbert? *grin*

6:11 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Truthy, Jade.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sambian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sambian said...

feeling winey

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home