Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Wild Boy Learns Geography

We have one of those plastic world map placemats. (Chorus of readers: of course you do, Quinn!) Recently, WB was eating his lunch and noticed something on the placemat.

"Mommy, there's goop!" He said, pointing to some spots in the Pacific and attempting to scratch them off.

"That's not goop. That's Hawaii." I told him.

He tried again to scratch the marks off. When that failed, he bent over and licked the placemat. They still hadn't come off. "Oh, it's Hawaii?"

"Yes."

"Ok."

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

:) I'm now picturing the magical land of Goop where you can swim with sea turtles and explore volcanoes... until the land is threatened by some mysterious force coming from outer space. First came large, flesh toned oblong space ships trying to wipe the land off the planet, next comes a larger pink Mothership. The only thing that will protect the inhabitants of Goop is a thin Shieldis Lamenatus. We don't know where it came from, we only know it has been there since the days of Creation.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Jade, you totally made my day!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

In fact, in Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

Ha ha ha, look at this country, heh heh: U-R-GAY.


Okay, I'm done randomly quoting The Simpsons looking at maps now.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Andy: I'm not!

Hmm, there's a *New* Mexico.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Nor am I: "I'll be deep in the cold, cold earth before I recognize Missouri!"

10:14 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Andy for president of U-R-GAY!

10:15 AM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Yay for Geograhy. I bonded with a new teammate the other day when I finished the verse when she started singing "United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama Haiti, Jamaica, Peru..."

10:47 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I accept your nomination. U-R-Gay can do worse (and has).

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home