Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Eight Things About Me

Andy and Elle both tagged me, and while I can get away with ignoring one tag, two is too much. So here goes:

1. Going with Andy's theme of drama history, I played the Tin Man in my sixth grade production of the Wizard of Oz. Perhaps Jade remembers, since yes, I do have someone from my elementary school who reads my blog. (And guys I used to date... at least two of them.) I can't sing to save my life, but I muddled my way through it. That was the end of my drama career.

2. I went through a period of dating Mormons in high school. This was a good strategy for a sexually inactive non-drinker. Although I have to advise people NOT to date slightly disgruntled Mormon guys who are about to leave on their missions. It's like being the religious equivalent of a WWII victory girl.

3. I own Lou Bega's Mambo Number 5 on CD. I don't remember why this seemed like a good idea at the time.

4. When I was in first and second grade, I was so shy that I would cry if I had to read out loud in class. By fourth grade, when I entered the TAG program in my district (where I met Andy, incidentally), I had made a conscious decision that this needed to stop. I took storytelling, drama, and speech classes. Today, I live by public speaking. Guess it worked.

5. I played varsity golf in high school. I was all-district my senior year. Then I gave it up. I haven't played since the summer after my senior year.

6. I can juggle. I used to be able to ride a unicycle, but not anymore.

7. I was one of my class valedictorians, which is kind of a sham, because I got a B in AP physics my senior year, spring semester. But since those grades weren't calculated by the time graduation was planned, it didn't count. I gave a speech.

8. I always figured I wouldn't have children. I never wanted children until I was a senior in college. I guess for me at least it's true that I needed to meet the man I wanted to have children with for me to really want children.

I'm not sure if they've done this yet, and I've been out of the loop a bit, but I'll tag K-lyn, Julie, and Jade.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

1. :) I was in the Lollipop Guild chorus that year, I remember it well. Did you do the Safety Kid plays too?

OK, I'll do it too. It will be nice to blog about something fun :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Oh yeah and about dating Mormons... "This was a good strategy for a sexually inactive non-drinker" - so was dating a gay guy.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Re: gay guys: Aren't I full of good ideas?

re: Safety Kids. Guilty as charged. And I sang again. Why did they keep giving me singing parts?

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they were hoping to catch your "one hit"--like your pointalism painting ;). You just never know when greatness will appear!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Re: Gay Guys... yeah... I was in the habit of having massive crushes on guys who turned out (either then or later) to be gay. Annoying really.

RE: Safety Kids. I did those plays in 4th, 5th and 6th grade (I even had speaking parts in 5th and 6th grade) which means we shared the stage back then! I wish I had a clearer memory of those plays, but I was clouded by my massive crush on G.J. (one of those annoying, really situations)

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the Mormons???

8:44 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Jade, GF being the pretty pretty blond boy? That figures.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

sorry, that should have read GJ, not GF.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home