Friday, June 29, 2007

Rollin' with the Hindus (Part I)

The camera has been recovered (Thanks, V!) and so we can now begin the odyssey that was the wedding of two truly beautiful -- and very organized -- folks.

We arrived in Raleigh-Dyurham on Wednesday evening, after a flight that went better than I dared dream. The Wild Boy fell asleep upon landing in Atlanta, which I thought was going to be disastrous, but it turns out we managed to keep him asleep on my shoulder all through deplaning, getting to our next gate, and awaiting our next connection. So he even got a good hour of sleep. DQ did great. 'Nuff said.

We checked into the hotel and took the kids swimming, which was a great activity for chilling them out and relaxing all of us. I love hotel pools! And WB loves the water.

On Thursday, we had most of the day off from wedding-related hoo-ha. So we chilled in the morning, having brunch at the Cracker Barrel. Mmm... biscuits. Then swimming and nap. Then in the afternoon, we met up with Flyboy and his fiancee (how cool is she?!?) to visit the alma mater.



Can you tell where I went to school? Here's another hint:



Then it was off for a "small, intimate" gathering of the groom's family and close friends (read: dinner for 150. Flyboy kept asking if various functions were "small, or Indian small?") The kids caught lightning bugs and we had a nice chance to catch up. The real fun started the next morning.



The pooja was in the groom's parent's backyard. We had to leave before he got covered in turmeric and stripped to his skivvies, but it was still fun. DQ really enjoyed the various colors and costumes, and especially took a liking to the women who wore bells or other shiny, jangly things on their ankles.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at your title to this post. But I want to see the pictures of you in the saree!!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm dependent on the good will (and camera work) of others for that. We'll see what comes through. Keep your fingers crossed.

(And THANKS!)

6:33 PM  
Blogger bdure said...

I have the standard kid-in-front-of-the-Chapel picture, but I'm not sure I could get away with a Cameron shot. Nicely done.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home