Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Status Update

Chugging along at full speed. I lost a committee member this week, so my first priority is to replace him and get a timetable set with the committee on when I plan to turn in my full draft, and when we might tentative plan the defense. [Ok, it's freaking me out just to write that!]

This week's goals:
  • Get a new committee member. I have a list of three good options. Let's hope one says yes. Got my first choice! Whew!
  • Finish chapter 1 edits and read through the whole chapter to make sure it flows. -- rearranged some of it and it sounds ok! I think.
  • Keep going on chapter 6 edits. -- almost done with them! Adding some context today and finishing up the last section. We'll be a go by Wednesday.
  • Conclusion? Go back to major secondary sources to fill out some of my concluding remarks.
  • Whole draft to my non-academic readers.
-- let's make that Wednesday, too.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got to defend soon, because I want to start calling you "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman". Best of luck with the new committee member.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Spouse has mentioned he's anxious to call me "Dr Quinn, Historian Woman." I think he just wants me sane again. Yeah, like the diss is what made me crazy!

1:13 PM  
Blogger elle said...

ok, you know you have to e-mail and tell me who you lost... did i miss that update?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

email is sent. Should have had you in the loop, of course.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the quinn I know, if so thell her I said Hi.

Sorry just popped over from my friend Scott's Blog where you'd posted a similar comment. I will say that I have known a quinn in my time.

I prefer quinn the eskimo...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Yay!!! The triumphant return of Eli!

personally, I prefer The Mighty Quinn. Maybe I'll make people call me that once I defend the dissertation.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurm, "triumphant" sounds a bit overblown for my return, as a new father the "tired return of Eli" sounds more appropriate.

Mighty Quinn works, but there are fewer penguins and less whale blubber, and how can that be a good time?

12:10 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

So maybe the disheveled return of Eli? Either way, congrats on the new addition.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To add to the pressure I want the hour powerpoint defense when I come to visit...

ej

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home