Saturday, July 29, 2006

Reading is Fundamental

I supposedly napped while my children supposedly napped today. Of course, I was in an out of consciousness enough to know that DQ was not so much napping as wandering about the upstairs figuring out how to keep herself occupied until it was time to "wake up." This included coming into my room and wandering around my bedside table.

But I wasn't quite prepared for the following wake-up call: "Mommy, can you read this book to me?" In her outstretched hand, she held Lillian Faderman's Surpassing the Love of Men, a lit/history monograph that traces lesbian and romantic relationships between women over the past several centuries.

She liked it 'cause it had girls in big floofy dresses on the front.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

I assume that the only reason you linked to Amazon is because Powell's didn't have that particular cover in their listing.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

you got it. The new cover is the kissing lips.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

"Once upon a time, there were two hardy pioneer women, Faith and Patience. They were very good friends, and lived happily ever after. The End."

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home