Thursday, July 20, 2006

Diss update... again

I think I've come to the sad conclusion that it is time to sit down and read the whole damn thing straight through. Not for editing purposes, but to give me an idea of how the whole thing works together. This will serve two purposes. One, I hope to cull a short list of decent titles for it. (I've come to hate my working title... so much! Flames... on the side of my face!) Two, I need to figure out just where to go with my conclusion, and right now I'm very torn.

I'm hitting the new Cascadia library tomorrow to apply for guest privileges, and to (hopefully) check out the four books Second Reader wanted me to read. I received her full edits in the mail today. Add that to the stack of crap.

On the good side. I bought bookshelves! Yay!!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've no idea what your dissertation is about, but I'm more than happy to suggest titles.

Purple is a fruit.
I'm Brian, and so's my wife.
Two rights make a U-turn
Renegade Plastic Forehead Distributors

I was going to use that last one for my fourth novel, but since I haven't written the first 3 yet, you're welcome to it.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That last one does have mass appeal. Because everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads. Yes, everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly! Since I came up with that title in 1984, you might imagine how floored I was when I first heard that song on Flood in 1990.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home