Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, Sexual Chocolate!

K-lyn recently tipped me off about the extravaganza that is the World Series of Pop Culture, on VH1. Well, now that I've seen a couple of episodes, I have to say I'm mildly intrigued. Not obsessed, but I may come back and watch some more. But I fear that the thing that most interests me is over: the team names.

A sampling from teams in the tournament:
  • The Laser Wolves (obscure is fun!)
  • I [Heart] Jake Ryan
  • Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky and Mike
  • (and my personal favorite) Sexual Chocolate

    She also wants Neel and I on her team. Which begs the question: what would your World Series of Pop Culture team name be?

  • Mr. Zero (as in "Don't fuck with")
  • The Laminated List
  • Super Karate Monkey Death Car
  • Chotchkie's Extreme Fajitas

    Labels:

  • 12 Comments:

    Blogger Neel Mehta said...

    Some fine suggestions. My favorite is Super Karate Monkey Death Car, assuming Angry Pregnant Lawyer hasn't already formed her own team with that name. (Mr. Zero gets points for subtlety.)

    Some other ideas:

    Unemployed in Greenland
    The K-12, Dude
    Outstanding in that Capacity
    National Grammar Rodeo

    4:42 PM  
    Blogger K-Lyn said...

    Oooh. I'm digging these. Unemployed In Greenland get's my vote so far. Maybe. They are all so great.

    Others I've thought of:
    Not the Droids You're Looking For
    Professional What?
    European Swallows
    and The Fashion Club (duh!)

    And Julie is our backup, given her large database of Fame info.

    6:46 PM  
    Blogger Courtney said...

    I can't go with the consensus here, because I am unfortunately (or fortunately) unemployed in a green land. But I'm digging not the droids you're looking for...

    9:28 PM  
    Blogger elle said...

    ah, sexual chocolate. brings back long ago memories of "coming to america"... and more recent ones, considering the fact that my cousin had it airbrushed across her t-shirt for our joint birthday party.

    7:14 AM  
    Blogger Courtney said...

    Elle, you really shouldn't have told me that. You have a new nickname. And just think: someday, you'll be DOCTOR Sexual Chocolate!

    11:16 AM  
    Blogger Neel Mehta said...

    Elle: you had a joint birthday party? Sweeeet! I've always wanted to have one of those, but I can never find enough weed and rolling paper.

    I assume you ran out of food.

    2:06 PM  
    Blogger Courtney said...

    Yes, but she won a lifetime supply of pudding.

    How's that for bringing it back to obscure pop trivia?

    3:27 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    At this point, I think you all should know that I have an unfinished song called "Unemployed in Greenland." Also another one called "Shoe Event Horizon". Can I write your theme song when you form a team?

    12:09 PM  
    Blogger elle said...

    neel: now that, i think about the events surrounding that night, i suppose it would have been more correct to have called it a "blunt" birthday party. plain white rolling paper is in short supply here, too

    -S.C., ABD

    1:58 PM  
    Blogger K-Lyn said...

    A theme song! A Theme Song!!! I love a good theme song!

    And, when you finish, may we hear the Unemployed in Greenland song as well? I'm sure I'd dig it.

    3:56 PM  
    Blogger Andy said...

    "Cement Hole"

    Too obscure?

    6:32 PM  
    Blogger ~N said...

    The Salsa Sharks
    Porkchops 'n Applesauce

    Why can I only think of food-related ones?

    Berzerker!
    The Opti-grabs
    She Gave Me A Pen
    The Snap Cups
    We're Swamped
    Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

    I'm out.

    7:53 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home