Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bonus: World Cup edition of DQ Memories

One of the Drama Queen's first words was "ball," which she used gleefully when we brought out the mini-basketball or the mini-soccer ball, the mini-football, etc. She would point at the ball and shout, "Ball!" Soon, she learned to pluralize when she saw more than one of an item.

Shortly after this linguistic leap, she discovered that her father has boxer shorts that have a soccer ball print on them. One day, he was getting dressed and DQ points at his shorts, yelling "Balls!" I laughed riotously, and I must admit egged her on a bit. "Where are daddy's balls?" And she would point at his crotch, enunciating quite clearly, "Balls!"

Chagrined, Spouse decided it was time to teach her the phrase, "Soccer balls."

5 Comments:

Blogger N. English said...

That's ok. When Alden pointed to mommy one morning in the shower and said, "Where's your penis, mommy?" I didn't skip a beat, "She broke it off."

SuWEET!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Way to contribute to the phallocentric worldview! A more appropriate question might be, "Where are your breasts, Daddy, you useless creature?" :)

2:21 PM  
Blogger N. English said...

MAN BOOBIES!! I got'em, oh yeah!

9:39 PM  
Blogger N. English said...

One other note. My wife just bought a bunch of new boxer shorts for me. One of the patterns is, I kid you not, crabs. A bunch of red crabs on a light blue background. Great. Thanks hon, you're one in a million. Now I have crabs.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

LOVE the crab boxers!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home