Thursday, July 13, 2006

Batter up! Th-hers-day

This Th-Hers-day... for the Ladies is inspired (or demanded?) by good friend Julie, who insists nicely that I do a baseball edition of my increasingly-popular series, Th-Hers-Day for the Ladies. She's got a thing for Alex Rios.

so with out further ado... [cue "Take me out to the Ballgame" and shirtless shortstops]

I nominate the following selections, which will go to show that I don't follow baseball much:

There's Derek Jeter. Duh.

I also like Carlos Beltran.

My friend T likes Brad Ausmus.


My friend E likes Andy Pettitte, although I think he has two many T's in his name.

Thoughts? (Apologies to K for including a Yankee and no Red Sox on the list. I'll let my contributors add.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Thank you for accepting my request/demand.

Since you didn't actually put Rios on the list, can I still vote for him?
Beltran is a handsome guy - but every time I hear his name I keep thinking, "No, it's pronounced Beltre" (a Mariner).

1:44 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Speaking of Jeter...

5:33 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Damn! Damn! Damn! N got to it first. I was going to post this!!!!

So, you can put a Yankee on the list because I used to love A-Rod when he was with the M's. But not Jeter. He is Eeeevil. Like the Fru-its of the DeVIL!

Anyway, no one said they had to be ballplayers so I nominate Theo Epstein, Red Sox General Manager and youngest GM ever. Sigh.

9:47 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Oh, and yes, Beltran is yummy. I'd trade him for Beltre if we didn't have Richie Sexon to look at.

And I'm neglecting the NL: Albert Pujols, Mike Hampton, and Ben Davis... Oh my!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Oscar Madison said...

Nice feature, Quinn.

Nice find, Neel.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

No, K, Albert Pujols is evil. As in Fru-its of the DeVIL. You gotta remember I have Astro leanings...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Jeter always reminds me of Franklin from Peanuts. And I could never go Yankee! It's our arch rival!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Ok, Carlos Beltran fans: If you're here looking for pictures, I've posted them on my more recent Carlos post. That is all.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home