Thursday, June 22, 2006

Th-Hers-Day, for the Ladies, World Cup Edition

[cue stadium chants and shirtless midfielders]

Can I just share a moment of disappointment from the opening round of the World Cup? And I'm not just talking the US elimination today. I mean, yes, that's sad. But at the same time, you've got to be happy for Ghana! But here's my beef: In the USA vs. Italy match, I couldn't help but notice that our Italian (Bocanegra) was hotter than their Italians. I mean, c'mon! As K-Lyn and I recently discussed, an Italian soccer team should be the male equivalent of the Swedish Bikini Team. There should be nothing hotter on earth. And these guys just weren't that hot.

So let me open it up to my lovely commenters: who is your Th-Hers-Day choice for "Man of the Match?" Do you fancy Beckham, or has some lesser-known caught your eye?


[soto voce] Didn't Naomi Wolf once say that on some days she wants to overthrow the patriarchy, and some days she just wants to be surrounded by 18 year old soccer players?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

I don't suppose you'd have any room in your heart for this guy. He's no Parminder Nagra, but he represents over a billion people!

11:26 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:49 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Your blog hates my links. My response is on my blog...

12:07 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

APL: Mmmm... me likey.

Neel: How can I not love a Vikash?

K: I shall explore. not sure why my blog hates you, but please rest assured that I still adore you.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

On the flipside, ESPN's Page 2 discusses the World Cup of Bad Hair.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home