Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Using Utensils and Adverbs

(points to the first to identify the above reference... K-lyn, I'm looking at you!)

Update on The Boy: man, can this kid eat! He's 14 months old, and starting to pack on the pounds now that we've got him on the soy milk and a low-dairy diet. He's still suffering from various forms of allergy/sensitivity issues -- eczema, excess ear wax (has anybody ever tried flushing the ears of a 14 month old? now that's a challenge!), and of course the ever-present poopy situation.

But he's not as cranky or as wakeful as he was two months ago, and for that I send out my love to my pediatrician, the makers of Silk, and the gods and goddesses of every pantheon I've ever known.

Now that he's human again, I can really appreciate some of the amazing strides he's making. He eats with a spoon now. A spoon, y'all!!! The kid's a genius. In fact, he gets downright angry if I don't give him a utensil with his meal. I'm not saying his accuracy rate is very high, but he's definitely got the "put food on spoon, get spoon as close to mouth as possible" concept down.

Still no words, but that's not entirely surprising. For someone not so verbal, he is a great little communicator. He signs "help" when he wants food or a spoon or to get out of his high chair. He has a great little gesture for "give this to me" when he sees something he wants. Point at object, point back at self. Point at object, point back at self. He even does movements with "Wheels on the Bus" and "Row Row Row Your Boat."

This kid. He's a keeper.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger K-Lyn said...

Nice and obscure! I dig. The Frü lads would be proud.

The Boy may not be talking much now but we'll have him singing Johnny Saucep'n by the time he's 4.

Life IS grand with a fork and a spoon.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

And I'm thinking that "The Wild Boy" might be his pseudonym (WB for an acronym?) Then I would have to resist changing Drama Queen into "Sad Girl."

9:12 AM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Sounds so like a network commercial. But a network that is going away so all bets are off.

And DQ is much better than Sad Girl. Although, now I have that stuck in my head now. Thanks.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Dissertation Writing said...

This is extremely helpful info!!! Especially since you guys are offering it for free!! Very good listing. Everything is true. Thanx.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home