Saturday, February 11, 2006

Quinn the Brain, Superstar

I had the honor of guest speakering at a small college about an hour north of here last night. Fun! It was a military history roundtable, so a very different audience than I'm used to. But they enjoyed the material, laughed where appropriate (which was often, luckily), and asked me very good questions afterward. I had undergrads (the Human Sexuality class gave extra credit for attending), community members, and vets from a wide variety of historical conflicts. Learned a little bit more than I may have expected about whorehouses during World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam. The best was a woman talking about how her grandfather had been in World War I, and when his friend got VD and had to go to the doc, he was so terrified of the contagion that he made his friend ride on the bumper instead of sitting inside the car.

Oh, and I got the tip jar at the end, which was more than I had expected.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home