Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's like they're reading my mind, man!

This, from NPR on why kids hate coats, and why we shouldn't care that much. Sweetie and I got into a huge tiff over this issue when last we were up North, and the Drama Queen refused to put on even a sweater. So when DQ tells me, "But I like to be cold!" what she really means is this:

Kids would rather be the way they came into the world: naked. And as they adapt to the world of clothing, extra layers -- particularly coats -- add to their heightened perception of constriction.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger K-Lyn said...

So when DQ tells me, "But I like to be cold!"

I now have a vision of your darling daughter as a Dilly Bar. I'm sure that's not what you meant but my brain reads DQ only so many ways. Then mentioning cold...

3:41 PM  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

Thereby explaining Miss Baby's veritable streak away from the bathroom as soon as she's removed from the tub. Come to my house at about 7:45 in the evening, see a naked toddler running around squealing her fool head off.

7:03 AM  
Blogger N. English said...

Boys are the same. Alden, cowboy boots, and nothin' else. "Weee!" Sheesh.

Congrats on turning in the chapter.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

we need a pic of that, Nathan.

10:45 AM  
Blogger elle said...

Ah. So it's not about defying mom at all costs or "My mom is rich which is why I lost three coats at school in one week last year in first grade"? Glad to know, b/c I was too pissed (and thinking evil thoughts) after that lost-coat thing.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home