Thursday, February 02, 2006

Th-hers-day, for the ladies...

... and for the gentlemen who like gentlemen. And not so much for the ladies who like ladies. (there, did I cover my bases? Ok? Then let's get going.)

[Cue shirtless firemen and burlesque music]

I took some time out yesterday from my usual schedule of staring bleary-eyed at my monitor and shuffling hopelessly through my chapter notes. What did I do? I watched a few scenes of "Ocean's 12." You know, the movie I sat through a year ago December, timing contractions and awaiting the arrival of The Boy. I've discovered that my taste in movies has evolved greatly since having children. And not just in the "I will never watch that Jodie Foster losing her daughter on a plane movie" evolution. What I mean is, I like a movie that I can watch for ten minutes at a time, pick up halfway through and leave as soon as diaper duty or the shriek of a toddler demands my attention. In this way, "Ocean's 12" is a perfect movie. Well, it is the second time around, when you don't have to follow the plot.

So here's the dilemma: George Clooney, Brad Pitt, or Matt Damon?

Of course, me, I'll take Eddie Izzard in his small but crucial cameo. Love that man!!!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

Ummm... Andy Garcia? I think. Something about him is hott to me for unknown reasons. He's no Johnny Dep, f'sho.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

See, now THIS is the genius of this film. I give you four options, and you come up with something even better for yourself.

9:06 AM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Eddie is a huge draw. But not one I'm particularly comfortable with. Is it cool to swap lipstick tips with a love interest? Still, the appeal is there. Big time.

But almost more unsettling is the fact that somewhere along the line, without my knowledge, I became a Matt Damon fan. When? Why? I don't know. But I finally acknowledged it when watching Fever Pitch. I felt myself longing to recast and swap out Jimmy for Matt. That would have made it a great movie. Matt can act! (Gotta love his cameo on Will and Grace) And he's cute in a totally none threatening way. And he's a Sox fan. All good in my world.

Having said all that, I still have not seen Oceans 12. Sorry. Gotta get me some Netflix.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

If these are my choices, I might want to go for the ladies who like ladies and pick Julia.
Haven't seen the movie (I tend to avoid anything George Clooney is in) but I guess Eddie would be mine. Maybe Brad

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Quinn, I thought you were all about keeping your options open and then letting them fight over you.

Also, I didn't realize that you'd be interested in a guy who wears lipstick. As a member of the Fashion Club, you should know more about makeup than the guy you're dating.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

K, I'm with you also on the Matt Damon thing. His "Will and Grace" stint just about won me over, and a couple of scenes in Oceans 12 finally converted me.

More striking is my new-found love affair with Clooney, whom I HATED back in the day. Then he did "O Brother." And "Intolerable Cruelty." And several I still have to see. But I'm now on board.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Tough choice, to be sure, but I would vote Clooney. It would depend on my mood, I suppose. Not that I'd turn any of them down...

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhhh, I vote Shaobo Qin. I like a man who weighs as much as I do.

3:42 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:43 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

I, too, used to be anti-Clooney but the media has backed off on the 'most eligible bachelor' angle. Then came the directing gig...check out the most recent Newsweek pics. So cute.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm ok with a man knowing more about makeup than I would (after all, don't most men?) I guess I should specify that while I would "go for a coffee" with Eddie, I mean that in the President of Burundi way, not in the "go for a coffee" way.

7:44 PM  
Blogger elle said...

Something about Brad in the "Oceans" just does it for me. I've never been a big fan, but, god he looks good in those films.

Matt Damon is a nice consolation though.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home