Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back by popular demand...

... More conversations with the Spouse:

Me: I'm going to start on the next chapter this week.
Him: So that's chapter 4?
Me: Sort of. I've written 3, 4, and 5, so this is the fourth chapter, but it's really chapter 1.
Him: So your dissertation is like Star Wars.

Two observations. One, I should totally title chapter one "The Phantom Menace" and see if Advisor (Yoda?) catches the reference. Two, his analogy does not bode well for the next couple of chapters, eh? But here's hoping I can, like Star Wars, finish on a high note.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

If you discuss an important pilot and shooter in those later chapters, be sure to work in a small reference to him in the earlier chapters. Even if he's, like, a wisecracking 10-year-old hanging around the military base. Trust me, it will go a long way.

And when did Spouse get so funny?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

So everybody hearts the spouse, eh? I guess he needs his own pseudonym. Anybody got a suggestion more creative than Joey-Jeffy-Jamie?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Spouse does need a name. I suppose Upchuck is out of the question.

If your daughter is Drama Queen, I suggest you refer to Spouse as Biomedical King, and your son as Kind Friendly Child. Make 'em acronyms and you'll see where I'm going.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

On second thought, "Kind Friendly Child" doesn't have the gravitas of, say, "Angry Boy." Maybe you just stick the kids with the fast food acronyms, describing your little one as "Boy King" or something. This way he's still royalty like his sister.

But for Spouse, how about...

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Artie! You're cool.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home