Thursday, February 16, 2006

Th-hers-day, for the ladies...

... including the ladies who like ladies. And not so much for the gentlemen who like gentlemen. (Sorry, A, but this one's just not for you.)

[Cue scented bubblebath and Dove miniature chocolates]

I'm officially not pregnant. I mean really not pregnant. Had my annual exam yesterday, which confirmed it, despite not having a period since The Boy was born. It's been 3 months since I weaned, and I was a little concerned. Even peed on a stick about 3 weeks ago. But I'm sooooo not pregnant. Good.

Today confirmed it. Aunt Flo has arrived in all her long-lost splendor. Can any of you mommy-types out there confirm that the first one out of the gate is about eleventy different kinds of hell? 'Cause this is horrible. I'm really pissy and uncomfortable and I've said the F word to my computer about seven times today. Not that I'm working... just "why won't the mouse move faster?" and "why is this idiot emailing me?" types of things. Peppered with the F-word. Totally undeserved F words.

Call me a bad feminist, but I'm going to say forget it (or another suitable F word) and eat some sour cream and onion chips, watch some telly, and call it a day.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger K-Lyn said...

I'm adding this to my growing list of why NOT to have children.

Thanks.

Your contributions have mostly been on the the other list so this might even things out a bit.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

on the good side, K, this is only my second one in nearly FOUR years. So it evens out.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, nope, mine are just fine when they finally roll around ... sorry
my favorite thing about nursing ... well, no, my second fav thing ... is no Aunt Flo!
(My fav: no baby paraphenilia, esp. at night)

8:48 PM  
Blogger elle said...

quinn, my mom said i "moved too fast." i got my when the kid was only 4 and a half weeks old and it was HORRIBLE. i didn't breastfeed though--despite my ob/gyn, my mom, and the not-so-subtle "all-educated-women-who-know-better-do" pressure, there was no way i would've been caught pulling these things--which deserve their own zip code--out in public. hell, i slept in a bra until my 20s!
so off topic, but yeah, it's pretty bad and, as a bonus, it may last a while.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

Mine started back sporatically about 3 months after I stopped the homebrew, too. So I think there is something to your timing.

Also, the first was HORRIBLE. In fact, the first 6 months were AWFUL. Complete unpredictability (despite being on the normal pill again), heightened PMS as well as heavier flow, as well as the cramps that I haven't had since I was a teenager. I attributed it somewhat to the c-section, but maybe it's just normal.

Now things have settled down. Actually, the cramps aren't as bad as Before Pregnancy and also the flow isn't quite as long, though heavier for a little longer than before - it's like I've become a little more efficient at the process or something. Who knows.

Here's chocolate for you.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I wasn't the "idiot emailing" you

-V

9:31 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

nothin' but love for you, V.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bonus for elle, if future babies: Both my mom and I have lost breast size with each successive nursed baby. Over 5 babies mom went from generous B to scant AA; over three babies I've gone from C/D to a nice comfy B. (We nurse/-d to about 18 months. Ish.) Natrural breast reduction! (I thought it was a bonus--my mom, not so much ;). )

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which I hope doesn't offend--I also slept in a bra forever and I looked forward to the posssible "loss"

9:32 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

KR's beat me to the punch of my next probably Th-hers-day post... since I'm now down from a middle of the road A (pre-babies) to a can't-fill-it-up A. [Although I did get to see how the other half lived while nursing -- a C!!!] Now my current debate: do I go out and get AA bras, or realize the futility of that endeavor and say forget it?

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victoria's Secret had some mighty fine AA bras when I dragged my mom in several years ago ...

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home