Saturday, October 21, 2006

Dance with Me

During my lunch-and-sanity break from the diss edits, I watched the Colbert Report from last night. Three things:

1. His "Better Know a District" interview with John Hall, the Democratic candidate from southern NY and former singer from the band Orleans, was awesome! I want that guy to be president.

2. Has anybody seen these ads for Bravia TVs? It's supposed to be the first television for men and women. Um, perhaps I'm particularly dense about this, but isn't my current TV for men and women? I regularly watch it with men, and it seems to work just fine. So what makes this television so different?

3. Peyton Manning was in the Bravia commercial. So that's nice, at least. We all know I loves me some Peyton. Of course, his appearance was during the "men's" marketing section of the ads. So maybe that's why I'm dense about male/female marketing strategies.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't seen the ads, but reminds me of disposable diapers. remember back in the day, they just were? then there were diapers for girls and diapers for boys. then magically, diapers that could be used for gilrs and boys. Ooh! Advancement!

who falls for that sh*t?!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^girls. i'm an idiot

10:10 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

As someone who has a son who leaks through his diaper on a regular basis, I can kind of buy the diapers for girls and boy (absorbency where they need it, or whatever.) But TVs? Huh?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my problem wasn't the middling stage--the diapers for girls or boys--but the last one in which they pretended that diapers for girls and boys were a new creation.

i'm curious as to what this bravia will show that will be different from tv in the pre-lifetime, pre-spike era.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home