Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles

Last night was an emotional rollercoaster.

Drama Queen lived up to her name -- and with good reason -- when she fell off the swingset straight onto her face. My kid is going to preschool today with a black eye. I'm awaiting the knock at the door from CPS.

Maryland beat Duke in the women's national championship game. It was a fantastic game. I felt bad, but not too bad. The Devils put up an excellent fight against a team that just played a fantastic game. But poor Coach G! She's losing a lot of talent. This was her big chance. Now, the rebuilding begins. [On a side note, I ended my ESPN women's tournament challenge in the 93rd percentile, thanks to my considerable ACC bias -- I had three of the final four teams right. Go me! And go my college roommate, who won our group with the same ACC bias and a 96th percentile finish. Needless to say, neither of us did as well on the men's side.]

After the game, I got ready for bed and turned on the Daily Show. Jon was introducing Studs Terkel. No kidding: Studs Terkel! Holy Crap! Ok, now I'm feeling a little bit better about the world as we know it. I went to bed happy.

6 Comments:

Blogger DevilMacDawg said...

10 days ago, Miss Baby was climbing in a chair in the den, and it tipped over, dropping her face-first into the edge of the coffee table. It wasn't just a black eye, it was a bruise that began at the bridge of her nose and extended across the entire eye region in a swath to her hairline (and I'm sure beyond that as well, but she has black hair). She looked awful.

The commentary was fun. I generally came back with "Yeah, it's bad. But you should see the other baby!" The worst is the feeling I get when I look at her awful bruising.

So there you go. CPS won't come knocking.

The game was so sad. :(

8:41 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Sorry to hear about Miss Baby. DQ did the same thing on her first birthday, which meant all her birthday pics showcased a lovely bruising pattern and a big gash under her eye. I guess if they didn't pick me up for that, they won't pick me up for this! (Especially now that DQ is so vocal about the whole thing: "I fell off the swing and landed in the dirt. The swing is not nice!")

12:57 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Printhipal Thkinner? I need thum thooz.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

So now my kids are going to be adopted (and baptized) by the Flandereseseseses?

KILL ME NOW!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger florida gator forum said...

A florida gator forum that covers every game, roster, exclusive player interviews, and much more. It is your source for Florida Gator news. Come check out the forum and discuss Heisman trophy winner Tim Tebow and the rest of the Gators.

8:30 PM  
Blogger florida gator forum said...

We are your source for free Facebook Covers .Here you will find FB Covers or Facebook Timeline Covers (whatever you call it!). We will continue to add new fb covers on a daily basis.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home