Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Patriot League. WTF?

Neel corrected me after I mistakenly including George Mason University in the Patriot League. They're actually in the Colonial Athletic Association. I can deal.

But their mascot is the Patriot. So it's confusing.

Here's my suggestion: conference realignment for the Patriot League. None of this Bucknell crap. Here are the teams who are currently in the Patriot League and get to stay:
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Lafayette
  • American (especially 'cause their mascot is the Eagles)
New adds:
  • George Mason
  • George Washington
  • James Madison (watch out for their basketball team: they're short, but they're feisty!)
  • Dickinson College
  • Robert Morris
  • Washington and Lee (but I predict they'll leave the conference eventually. Let's say, shortly after a tiff with Brown University)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! Can I apply to be commissioner?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

depends on how patriotic you are.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

You are the first person in the history of sports commentary to talk conference realignment by starting with the Patriot League.

And what's wrong with Lehigh?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I laughed out loud. This, my friends, is what happens when historians watch too much ESPN.

4:52 PM  
Blogger elle said...

too cute

7:51 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

ESPN with a smattering of The Colbert Report.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

You need to find a way to put the University of South Alabama in this league. Those initials alone are Patriot League-worthy.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home