Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Sausage King of Chicago

Was watching Ferris Bueler's Day Off last night, for perhaps the thousandth time. I can honestly say there is no movie I know better.

Which is why I was so surprised when Spouse pointed something out to me. "You probably know this already, but is his dad having lunch with Abe Froman?" If you listen, it works. In the scene outside Chez Quis, where they're trying to catch the cab, his dad repeatedly talks about raising the advertising budget to his business associate, who I always thought was "Dave." But now I'm thinking it's "Abe." Party of three.

It's the little things.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger K-Lyn said...

Funny you should mention this. I have, at this moment, the Bueller...Bueller...Edition in the DVD drive on this very computer. A couple of clicks allows me to play this scene and tell you, and Spouse, that it is indeed DAVE that his dad is talking to. Trust me, I know my Daves.

While I agree, this would have been funnier I can rest that my knowledge of this movie goes unchallenged. As does yours my dear.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home