Tuesday, July 22, 2008

History Book Review: Take 2!

Edward Said, Orientalism (1978)

We have two choices for my brief review of this week's book. (Does that mean I'm going to do one of these a week? Clearly, you haven't seen the monstrosity that is next week's reading.)

1. On the downside, this is a book I should have read 8 years ago. On the upside, the material has become so familiar that I felt like I'd already read it.

2. George W. Bush should read this. Oh, who am I kidding? George W. Bush should have someone read explain this to him.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew80 said...

Your blog is absolutely hysterical, and I enjoyed it immensely. I haven't laughed so hard in years.

I thank you.

Andrew

1:46 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

welcome Andrew! I'll try to keep up the good work...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home