Monday, March 17, 2008

A Belated Honoring of President Washington

Reviewing for the final, we discussed the various splits between the political parties in the eraly part of US History. I posed the question, "How could George Washington get away with having advisors like Jefferson and Hamilton from all over the political spectrum?"

Says Student J, "'Cause he's George Frickin' Washington, that's how."

I'm wondering how many times I'm going to get references to George F. Washington on the final.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Says Student J, "'Cause he's George Frickin' Washington, that's how."

I'm wondering how many times I'm going to get references to George F. Washington on the final.


Needed Wikipedia to confirm, but yes, George Washington doesn't have a middle name. "Frickin" sounds pretty good at this point.

Mildly related: I've started reading this book. Seems interesting so far. It was nominated for a National Book Award, so the author (who's in your line of work) is probably not a hack.

2:18 AM  
Blogger The Adjunct Professor said...

Wow, I did not know that the word "Frickin" originated with the father of our country. I love reading other people's blogs, they are so educational. They also help me realize (for good or for bad), my students are not unique.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Welcome, the adjunct professor! That's what I love about history... I learn things I never learned before. :)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home