Thursday, October 26, 2006

Quinn goes visual

Elle tagged me to identify and share several (I seriously doubt I'll get around to 8-10) images that I love or that amaze me. So here goes:



This is The Ghost of Vermeer of Delft Which Can Be Used As a Table, by Salvador Dali (1934). I first saw this painting in fourth grade, when my mom used to volunteer as our art literacy instructor. I freakin' loved it then. And I love it now. I really don't know why.



I love all the old propaganda poster stuff. But this one transcends.



This is a Cascadian shot if there ever was one. That former Mayor Bud Clark of Portland, Oregon, in the trenchcoat.



Sure, it's an old standard. But I really like it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Did you know that we went to school with the girl who's father printed those posters of Bud Clark?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I did not know that.

2:03 PM  
Blogger N. English said...

Whoop! Whoop! Hooray for Bud, the best Mayor ever. But what would you expect from a tavern owner?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Since you don't print names in your blog I'll refrain, but it was F.H.'s dad (unusual name, played sax, and cello, and was in choir too, until she moved to the beach my sophomore year)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Got it! Jade, it's like a gameshow. "I can identify that random school alum in 3 obscure facts!"

8:11 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

OMG, I tooootally remember those Bud Clark posters. That's it, I'm moving back to Cascadia.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home