Saturday, May 20, 2006

Weekend Crafty Blogging

I visited a friend and her new baby a couple of days ago, bringing along my traditional gift, a crocheted baby afghan.



While I was there, she asked if I could do some little repairs on her older daughter's blanket, a purple one with daisies, which she wanted to hold onto as a keepsake. I have to say, it's one of my favorites I've ever made (even if the squares were a bit sloppy and prone to breakage!) I noticed that my blankets have become a little less complicated since having my second child. I prefer now to do patterns that don't involve constantly referring to a pattern book, or for that matter doing too much counting.



And here's my most recent creation. It was sort of an ad-hoc strategy to use up some yarn remnants I had. But I really like the way it turned out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Nice work! I never have figured out how to read crochet patterns, but I can make a really good long chain with yarn!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Yes, but you can quilt, as I noticed on your site. Lovely stuff, by the way.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

They're all quite pretty. I'm always so jealous of you crafty types. I have family who are talented in these areas. I cook. I'm not crafty - I don't get around! ('Crafty' always makes me think of that song!)

I want to be your friend just for the blankety potential! ;-)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)! I am continually amazed that you manage to do these at all ... .
The one you made for Second Child is one of his three going-to-sleep-routine blankets. And holding up remarkably well, with that heavier-than(-I'd)-planned use :).

9:15 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Here's the thing: Quinn loves watching TV. But Quinn doesn't really love dedicating time to watching TV. And Quinn prefers watching TV that doesn't require full-attention (ie -- Law and Order doesn't require you to actually watch, just to listen. Same with the Colbert Report, usually). So Quinn multi-tasks, which justifies time spent in front of the TV.

Also, very good activity for people with nervous hand habits (nail biting, hair pulling/twisting, face scratching... all of which I tend to do.)

K, glad to hear that Second Child likes his... I believe Third Child go the same pattern as the green blanket pictured? I'm repeating myself.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is that pattern, in a beautiful pink. Third Child only got her blanket recently, since 2nd Child (aka Destructo-Boy) and 1st Child (who is very clever and very acquisitive) were not to be trusted with it before 3rd Child could defend her rights. Now, 3rd Child has hit the "mine!" stage, so I am immediately informed if she needs assistance in such matters ;).

I have once more given up on what little TV I sometimes watch, because I try to watch only what the kids can watch (Spouse continues to work long hours). Most recent attempt: Commander in Chief. (Cancelled of course. Grr.)

Of course, cable moving out with ~N factors in as well ;).

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home