Friday, May 05, 2006

Writing update

Things are going... well. I mean, well, I guess. I turned in Chapter 2(5) (fifth chapter I've written, 2nd in book order) to Advisor on Tuesday. Today, I'm doing some minor cleanup on chapters 1-3 to send to my second reader (she hasn't seen anything but 4 and 5, which were completed last calendar year).

Next week: turn my attention to chapter 6. For that, I need to make one more minor research trip, which will take me to a nearby city archives and (if I'm lucky) the county courthouse. I spoke with a courthouse employee yesterday about the availability of court records from 1917 to 1918. She informed that they are not sorted by year, and do I have social security numbers for the participants? Um, no. Why not? Because there was no social security back then. And then she says, "Well, and I don't know how helpful they'll be... the ones from back then are handwritten and not in the database." Yeah, I know. Now can I come there and see them please? I eagerly await her reply today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Argh update: minor clean-up turned into major restructuring for chapter 3. It might be a late night.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home