Monday, April 24, 2006

Timeline of me...

Hat-tip to Elle and APL for the meme.

20 years ago I . . .
1. was "the smart girl"
2. looked forward to junior high as a chance to get out of a nightmare grade school experience
3. hated my sister so much!

10 years ago I . . .
1. graduated college
2. got a "real job"
3. shacked up with my significant other (wow, ten years)

5 years ago I . . .
1. moved back from the cool blue North
2. started trying to get pregnant
3. was diagnosed with PCOS

3 years ago I . . .
1. passed my comps
2. gave birth
3. mourned the passing of my grandmother, and yet was glad to see her finally get what she wanted. To move on.

1 year ago I . . .
1. gave birth again
2. gained a newfound respect for my mother
3. made a timeline for writing the dissertation

So far this year I . . .
1. have written 3 more chapters
2. decided to move and (if possible) graduate
3. applied for some jobs

Yesterday I . . .
1. went to a mandir. Peaceful, but strange for me.
2. seethed inward over some particular problems I'm having
3. met my newest nephew

Today I . . .
1. reworked my most recent chapter, and it's much better
2. got some optimistic news on the job front
3. will play scrabble and take no prisoners!

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. write, write, write!
2. fret that my daughter might be developing pinkeye
3. plan out some sample syllabi for courses I would like to teach

In the next year I will . . .
1. hopefully defend my dissertation
2. get a job!!!
3. be grateful for the time I've had with my kids

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Hey - I was diagnosed with PCOS last year - it took me 7 years and 4 doctors before I found one that figured it out. If you don't mind me asking, did your doctor put you on glucophage?

8:03 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

nope, I did Clomid to try to conceive, but blood sugar issues were fine, so we didn't have to do any of the other stuff. You can read more about my PCO situation in this post. And I'll float over to your site and drop you an email at your site in case you want to talk more off-site.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home