Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Prequels

Are done.

Both Advisor and Reader #2 have drafts of the first five chapters of the dissertation. I am now moving on to Chapter 6, which will incorporate some of my fun court records material from my recent road trip. It stands at 20 pages currently, and is very very very messy. Once I get all the chapters drafted, I'll have to go back and take a crack at the introduction and conclusion. Eek! The optimistic goal is to have a full draft to the committee by the beginning of July.

Not so in the works: job interview cancelled thanks to budget shortfall on the school's part. Urgh. Oh, well. More time to write. (Aren't I philosophical this morning?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Since you have the time to write in -- where do you live now, Tattooine? -- you may want to take a look at this.

Making up collective nouns is way more fun than, say, Tom Swifties. I contributed a few in the comments, but I'm particularly proud of what I call a group of senior citizens.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Tattoine is hot this time of year. Those two suns beat down on us mercilessly. Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen usually just stay in the air conditioning and watch MAAAAATTTTLOCKKKKK!!!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home