Sunday, December 02, 2007

What goes around comes around

Well, no new developments with Cigarette Guy, but I think I may have stuck my foot a considerable way into my mouth in that very class.

We were discussing things we liked about the class and things that could be improved, so it was a fairly informal conversation. One of my students, for whom English is not his first language, suggested, "We could do some role-playing."

I replied, without thinking, "That could be fun." And one of my students lost it. Laughed for the better part of five minutes. I guess he read a little more into the exchange than either I or the other student meant.

Oops. Guess it happens to the best of it.




ps. I wonder what that would look like? "This time I'll be the pirate and you be the lusty wench!" "I'll be the despotic ruler and you be the helpless peasant!" Or simply, "It's good to be the king."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

But did you make eye contact with the Cigarette Guy? I wonder what he thought of your response. *grin*

Just... don't use role playing during a discussion of torture chambers... that could get a little ugly (unless *everybody* is into it)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home