Monday, February 12, 2007

Odds and Ends

Things you miss when you go on a news hiatus that includes the Daily Show and the Colbert Report: Bizarre Astronaut Love Triangles and the death of Anna Nicole Smith. Wha?


Things not to do when you're fighting low moods: prep your lecture on slavery, including film clips from Roots and Amistad; watch Duke men's basketball.


Things that give you mental repetitive stress injuries: "Mommy, what are you doing, Mommy?" Why does WB have to preface AND end the question with that word? Of course, it could be worse. To his father, he says, "Daddy, what are you doing, Mommy?"

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Mental repetitive stress injuries?!? I love it! That perfectly explains how I feel around the third time of having to repeat myself to my munchkin. ("Put your shoes on please we are leaving. Put the toy down and get your shoes on please. AAAGH! Shoes! On! Now!") If I had a bigger car that would make a great bumper sticker...

"I'm a mom suffering from mental repetitive stress injuries, so BACK OFF!"

5:47 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

This is a men's season where you have to learn to appreciate the game at large. This team is only slightly worse than I thought they'd be, but they have stunned me by how unfun they are to watch. They should have had little to no pressure this season, but the fans, pollsters, and coaches have imposed unreasonably high expectations. Which is very frustrating; everyone was so completely wrong to do that.

Notice I said "men's season." Clearly there's a Duke team that no longer deserves only half of your attention.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home