Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's just... I hate that girl!

Ok, I'll admit that Sex and the City has grown on me a bit. I've caught a couple of episodes on TBS, and have seen a few more on OnDemand (yay! Nudity! Adult language!) And I don't hate the show....

I hate Charlotte. She irritates me SO MUCH! Which is fine. A good show can present unlikeable, unsympathetic characters. But then my question became, doesn't she annoy everyone else? Like, for instance, Carrie and Miranda and (for god's sake) Samantha? Why do they hang out with her?

It dawns on me that she might be like that friend in high school, the last of the foursome, who you tolerate because you went through junior high together, but then the rest of you moved on and she, well, didn't. She's the friend you just barely tolerate. She's the friend you ditch when given the opportunity.

5 Comments:

Blogger ~N said...

Being a Miranda/Charlotte hybrid myself, I suppose I'm half offended? Just like when people make racial stereotypes! :P :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I don't see Charlotte in you. (Shocker!) Maybe that's why I still love you.


Greatest Word Verification ever: oyvyy (oy-vey!!!)

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exactly how I feel... about Carrie.

I can think of one episode that kind of explains why Samantha and Charlotte get along. They have a disagreement, but then discover independently that each is more like the other than she thought.

She may be a bit of a Betty Finn, but I like Charlotte. And Stephen Colbert once referred to her as "the clean one."

12:08 AM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

OMG...I have a great deal of Charlotte in me as well! And at least I aspire to her fashion choices. I almost love her. I guess I thought Samantha was the fringe friend but mostley because of the real life dramas going on off set.

Clearly a mini-marathon is needed for us to watch together (with comments) to get to the bottom of this.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wow, had no idea about all the Charlotte love! Maybe it's a factor of episode selection.

On the whole, I don't find any of the women particularly likeable (Miranda is the closest).

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home