Monday, March 06, 2006

Tag, I'm it.

Elle tagged me. Here we go.

Black and White or Colour; how do you prefer your movies?
Probably colour, but just 'cause of the UK spelling.


What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?
Financial planning. Maybe this is a residual of my parents watching CNBC all day long when they visit. I mean, really, how closely do you have to follow your stocks?

MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium for prerecorded music?
I was a big believer in the mix tape, but now I'm quickly learning the advantages of MP3s. I like being able to select 20 songs at random for my workout and just download them and go.


You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going … Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?
Not a chance in hell.

Seriously, what do you consider the world’s most pressing issue now?
Would it be a cop-out (an umbrella term) to say the unequal distribution of power? That encompasses poverty, colonialism, racism, sexism, etc.

How would you rectify the world’s most pressing issue?
If I had the answer to that, I wouldn't be sitting here blogging, I would be out doing it.

You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?
You know, I'm actually pretty happy with the way even my bad decisions/actions turn out. Each rough experience has gained me something. But maybe just to make life easier for me, maybe I would have tried to take the infertility diagnosis a little less seriously, since it turned out to be, well, not so big a deal (two kids in two years later). That would have saved me some considerable depression.


You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?
Hmm... maybe the assassination of Gandhi. Or Lincoln.


A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole’ Opry – Which do you choose?
Opera, I suppose. I'm not a big fan of either.


What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you’d like to solve?What caused the explosion on the Maine. I'd bet it would show American Imperialism for what it really is -- yellow journalism with guns.


One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?
Can it be a dead one? L. M. Montgomery. I'd serve monkey face cookies, raspberry cordial, and two kinds of cakes.
Living? It would be J. K. Rowling so I can ask her what's all this about Snape being evil? I'd serve pumpkin juice and chocolate frogs.


You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky — what’s the first thing you might do to celebrate this fact?
I already believe this, and it makes no impact on the way I live my life. I believe in morality for this world, not the next.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home