Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Great Debate

So, I'm not watching the RNC. It angers up the blood a bit too much. But my mailbox had all sorts of info on it today, and then there was this:

Baskin Robbins has a contest where you can vote for your preferred new ice cream flavor: Straight Talk Crunch or Whirl of Change. I guess I should thank my lucky stars that it wasn't Chocolate vs. Vanilla.


By the way, I will ALWAYS pick Chocolate in that matchup. Just like I prefer dark meat at Thanksgiving. Big surprise.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. OK, that made me laugh out loud.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I started to watch on Tuesday but honestly it made me nauseous and I worried that I would get so angry that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I thought maybe I could "enjoy" it in the right frame of mind, try to find it outrageous and funny, like Margaret Cho having a bad night, but...no. When Mitt Romney, of all people, started talking about "eastern elites" -- yes, that's right, the multi-millionaire Harvard-educated ex-CEO former governor of MASSACHUSETTS -- I had had enough. I'll concede that Sarah Palin is a "real person," though. But you know? I'm of the mind that the presidency and vice presidency aren't really jobs for Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. Average American. Frankly, I prefer having an intellectual elite in the White House. The last time we voted for a non-intellectual "regular guy" (you know, the one born to a patrician family in Connecticut?) we got screwed, and not in the good way.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Sometimes I time myself to see how long it is until the RNC offends me. Maybe if I drank, I could make it a drinking game and enjoy it that way.

Although the stuff about Walter Reed? Awesome.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdnlNZg2iM&feature=related

Obama's Democratic Party: Home of Sexism, Misogyny, Racism and the Glass Ceiling for Women

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home