Saturday, August 23, 2008

What Quinn's reading

What I should be reading:
  • The second half of Global Rift, which is amazing and mind-blowing, but is also daunting and huge. I did about 200 pages before I needed a break.
  • Silk and Religion. One of my big projects for the summer was learning more about China. Academically, it is a big weak spot of mine.
  • The Camel and the Wheel. I'm almost halfway through, I swear!

    What I actually read:
  • Charity Girl. A fictionalization of female detention centers during World War I. Right up my professional alley. But not so captivating as a novel.
  • The Other Boleyn Girl. Ok, I'm weak. I like trashy historical fiction. And this is primo trashy historical fiction!
  • Llama Llama Mad at Mama! A great story of grocery store tantrums. Which is ironic, since we read it at the grocery store to appease my tantruming pre-schooler. (WB did not want to get rainboots, but really wanted to get a dinosaur.)

    Labels: , ,

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home