Friday, December 12, 2008

Protest -- you're doing it wrong.

College was recently targeted by the charming folks at the Westb0r0 Baptist Church for a play our drama dept was putting on (with HOMOSEXUAL! THEMES! GASP!) They planned to picket. We planned a counter-demonstration. There was drama. It was exciting.

I was either sick or nursing other sick family members, so I didn't get to see the end result. But when I asked a colleague, he said only one person showed up to protest. He covered his face and very meekly carried a sign reading, "Gays are Queer."

Wow, he sure told us!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger N. English said...

So I have to ask, was the guy holding the sign with Westboro or with the counter-demonstrators?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

He was on the side of the Westboro folks, although I'm not convinced he was with Westboro.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I wilt in the face of such profundity.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home