Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Loving Day!

As I get ready to celebrate my 9th anniversary (wow! 9 years!), I'm reminded of my friend E who got married on the day after my anniversary. Incorporated into the ceremony was a remembrance that not all people in this country have the right to marry, and a fervent hope that someday (SOON!) we all will have that right.

And today, June 12, 2008, is the fortieth anniversary of the Loving v. Virginia decision, which outlawed anti-miscegenation laws in this country.

We're moving in the right direction. Sometimes the progress seems slow, but we will get there. Oh, and if anybody knows how I might sneak into George Takei's upcoming nuptials, I so want to crash that!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I may have a couple of sources to get you in...

10:08 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Road trip!!!!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will be a v tight job getting into George's do. But you could try? If you go as a Klingon you might get in out of sheer audacity.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Welcome, avps! The Klingon idea is a possibility...

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home