Friday, April 06, 2007

The Good Day

Yesterday, I did some random chores and made some phone calls. The weather was beautiful and I had a major outstanding chore on my to-do list. Head down to campus and finalize my reserve readings for the term. Plus, an interlibrary loan came in. So I drove down to campus, picked up the book, and walked out of the library. Outside the main building, there are a row of adirondack chairs. I sat down and basked in the springtime glory as I read the book.

At one point, I remember taking a deep breath and realizing that I was actively happy. Not just not sad. But happy.

I finished my work by mid-afternoon and came home. As I sorted through the mail, I got a phone call. A job offer. Full-time. Tenure-track. They were very impressed with my energy and want me to help shape their department and curriculum. Wow. We are in negotiations. It is not the perfect solution, but it is a very attractive offer. We'll see.

After I let that sink in for a moment, I went back to sorting the mail, which included my course evaluations from last term. Beautiful. I am loved.

What a good day!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You rule!

2:52 PM  
Blogger N. English said...

Where?! Congrats Dr. Quinn the Brain. You were adored before "the good day"...we just don't pay as well.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

What Nathan said. But we did offer up to 52 weeks of vacation time a year.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

That sounds like a Very Good Day :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

A Very Good Day indeed. That's awesome. :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Gracias on both counts, Amanda! I'll get in touch through our mutual friend.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home