Monday, June 12, 2006

The Wild Boy loves the Sport of Kings

WB woke from his nap a little early on Saturday, while his sister was still dozing. So I brought him into the family room and set him in front of his bucket of animals (the ultimate toy for my animal obsessed child who loves sorting). Then I turned on the TV in hopes of catching a little World Cup before DQ woke up.

But it was not to be. The first thing that came on was the Belmont Stakes, which for some reason is about an 11 hour television event, with pre-race analysis, profiles of the horses, the owners, the jockeys, the history, everything. WB didn't care about all that. He just wanted to see the horses. The boy who never notices what's on the TV screamed and ran to the set, banging on it every time they showed a horse. He was in heaven.

Needless to say, I have no idea how the first round of the World Cup is going, but I'm fully up to date on the condition of Barbaro's broken leg.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger N. English said...

Well, what do you expect from a boy named "wild boy"? Try renting the Black Stallion for him. Make sure you only show the good parts. I remember it being a pretty good movie, except for the scary parts.

Sorry you missed the world cup, the U.S. is almost out. Those crazy Czech's beat us to a pulp. Who sez soccer isn't a high scoring game?

2:36 PM  
Blogger K-Lyn said...

Perhaps, with his size, he's planning on going out for jockey...

5:26 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

:) My munchkin loves animal shows and the Food Network. "Mommy, can I watch Rachel Ray pleeeeeease?!?"

I guess you'll be watching the equestrian events at the next Olympics? Better yet, take him to a rodeo.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the black stallion reminds me of phoebe's mom not showing her the end of movies to protect her --

Phoebe: Please, I almost fell for that with, uh, Pride of the Yankees. I thought I was gonna see a film about Yankee pride and then, boom, the guy gets Lou Gehrig's disease.

Richard: Uh, the guy was Lou Gehrig. Didn't you kinda see it coming?

--

and

"Yeah, I talked to my grandma about the Old Yeller incident, and she told me that my mom used to not show us the ends of sad movies to shield us from the pain and sadness. You know, before she killed herself..."

:-)

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jade: really, who wouldn't want to see rachel ray?

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home