Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Silver linings

Got back this afternoon from a woefully flat guest lecture on the 1920s at a friend's class. Of 30 enrolled in the class, only 12 showed up and several walked out once they saw it was me and not their normal teacher. Erg.

The lecture was, well, a little disorganized and not as lively as I usually like things to be. Don't know if it was my plethora of other distractions, my lack of knowledge of the audience, or just being out of practice, but I came out of the room thinking that maybe I'm not all that good at this.

But waiting for me at home was a performance review from another recent lecture. And let's just say it glows. My favorite lines: "Students and non-students alike loved her. The prestige of our lecture series was enhanced by [Quinn's] performance. I recommend her to the guardians of academia everywhere."

Aw! Here's hoping the guardians of academia take heed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome
-- Emily

5:55 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I have no doubt that you're an amazing lecturer.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Yeah, the Spouse tells me that you lecture him all the time.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home